Monday, October 6, 2008

Serendipity of Melancholy

“So I thought..”It has been palpable
For some reason I knew you had it in you
A burden?
Sadness?
A broken heart maybe..
I’m in no position to decipher
Yet somehow I felt it Those blank stares
A sense of you being near yet still so far
Warmth emanating from you
Are frozen because of your cold armour

Those sweet smiles can’t conceal
Melancholy you try so hard to hide Maladroit, I am
So, maladroitly I reach out
Blatant as it may seem
To care less has been my means

Lonely lad, let me help you
Hold my hand and don’t let go Let me cure the pain and melancholy within
I promise no scoring through of whatever was there
I promise no rainbow after those rains
I promise no stars in those black nights
I promise no sugar to coat the bitter ends

But I CAN and WILL give you a hand to hold on My shoulders are free, go on and cry
My ears are willing, speak as you please
My arms are open, you need not act tough
My hands are all set, do hold on
Lay to rest your queries, I may never do
But rest assured I’m here for you

I never asked for it
But answers dawned on me
Signs, never did I believe
To this though, am I construing it right?
To intrude, I don’t mean
But if apparitions are allowed to care,
This ghost of a sight is willing to be there…

1 comment:

murk said...

struck a chord,so close,forgotten